Open a New Business in Saddle River

  • First you must check with the Borough’s zoning officer to see if the location that you have selected for your business is properly zoned for the type of activity business that you want to locate there. The zoning officer can be reached at the Saddle River Borough Hall, (201) 327-2609.
  • If your proposed business requires construction or renovation activities, you must submit plans and apply to the Saddle River Building Department for construction permits.
  • If your business is or contains any of the following: adult day care, barber shop, beauty parlor, child care facility, food establishment (retail, wholesale and pharmacy), hospital, kennel, nail salon, nursing home, pet shop, school, and or a spa or swimming pool that is open to the public or serves a multiple family dwelling, detailed plans and specifications, must be submitted to the Saddle River Board of Health for review and approval before construction can begin. Board of Health inspectors can be reached at (201) 327-2629.
100 E Allendale Rd. Saddle River, NJ 07458 | (p) 201-327-2609 | (f) 201-327-0168