Purchase certified copies of vital records?
Vital Record Application Instructions
Saddle River maintains records of births, marriages and deaths that have occurred in Saddle River. If you are looking for a vital record for an event that did not occur in Saddle River, click on the following link, http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm (New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics), if you need a record for an event that did occur in Saddle River, read on. Certified copies of Saddle River vital records may be purchased by mail or over the counter in our offices. The New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics is located at New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics at 20 W. Prospect Street, Waldwick, New Jersey 07463 The phone number is 201-445-7217. Certified copies of vital records may only be obtained by “qualified applicants.”
Who Are Qualified Applicants?
- Births: To qualify for a certified copy of a birth record the applicant must be the subject of the record, the record subject’s parent, current spouse of the subject, child of the subject, grandchild of the subject, brother or sister of the subject, legal guardian of the subject or authorized legal representative of the subject.
- Marriages: To qualify for a certified copy of a marriage record the applicant must be the bride of groom listed on the record, the record subject’s parents, children of the subjects, grandchildren of the subjects, brother or sister of the subjects, legal guardian of the subject or authorized legal representative of the subjects.
- Deaths: To qualify for a certified copy of a death record the applicant must be the surviving spouse of the subject on the record, subjects parents, child of the subject, grandchild of the subject, brother or sister of the subject, legal guardian of the subject or authorized legal representative of the subject. Death record applicants who need to have a cerfified copy of a death record which includes the cause or causes of death, must also submit a properly completed cause of death release form.
- Identification: Vital record applications must be completed in full and submitted with acceptable identification. A government issued photo ID is preferred. Identification must include the address of the applicant. Mail requests will only be sent to a shipping address that is the same as the address that is listed on the identification presented. Two forms of identification will be accepted in lieu of a government issued photo identification with address. Both forms must show the applicants address, which must be the same as the return address for mail requests. Examples of acceptable non-photo identification are non-photo driver’s license, motor vehicle registration card, motor vehicle insurance card, voter registration card, utility bills, or county identification card, In instances where the applicant’s relationship to the subject of the record is not demonstrated by information on the record being requested, additional documentation of that relationship, such as a certified copy of a certificate of marriage, is required and should be submitted with the application. Identifications purchased from private non-governmental companies are not acceptable for vital record transactions.
- Application: Application forms are available on this web site. All applicable sections of the application must be fully completed. Complete the section of the application form that applies to the type of record that you are requesting. When entering names, it is important that you include exact information, full dates and full and complete legal names. Middle names must be completely spelled out, with no use of initials.
Fees and Payment:
The fee for a certified copy of a record is $10.00 for one copy and $10.00 for each additional copy of the same record purchased at this time. Checks or money orders must be made payable to the NWBRHC. Requests on personal checks may delay mailing.