Bishop House Foundation, Inc.The Bishop House Foundation, Inc. was established to restore and maintain the Ackerman-Dewsnap House at 176 East Saddle River Road, which was last occupied by the Bishop family. Owned by the Borough of Saddle River and leased to the Foundation for one dollar a year, it was built in 1835, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Upon restoration, the Bishop House is used as a meeting place for community organizations, a museum for Saddle River memorabilia, a gallery for cultural exhibits for local artists and artisans, and an historical site for student groups. A group of interested gardeners have plans to put in special perennial and annual gardens and make the grounds a focal point for visitors.
Administered by a Board of Directors, the Bishop House Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.